Vital Information for Railroad Workers
Over the last couple of years we have published several articles to help injured railroad workers protect their rights and the values of their claims. Here are convenient links to information that every railroad worker needs to know before, during or after an injury.
A succinct list of 7 things you should do to preserve the value of your FELA injury case...
The key to winning your FELA case is proving the railroad negligent. Learn how to fill out an accident report to help ensure the railroad is found to be at fault for your injury...
Immediately after a railroad injury, the railroad's legal team quietly sets out to prove that they are not at fault for your injury. Usually, the railroad claim agent takes the lead in this effort. Learn how to give a statement to railroad claim agent.
More info for injured railroad workers...Beware the Railroad 'Nurse'
Railroad employees need to know that the company nurse, despite their title, is not there to render medical assistance. Instead the railroad nurse is a tool of management, whose primary concern is to hold down the amount of an injured employee's financial recovery.Railroad Whistleblower Claims - What You Should Know
Reporting an railroad injury often results in an investigation and charges against the injured railroad worker. Know your rights under the Federal Railroad Safety Act.List of FRA Defects
Eliminating the railroad’s opportunity to argue for negligence is a big win for an injured railroad worker. The first step to this is making sure to note certain dangerous conditions that qualify as FRA defects on your accident form. Here are 10 common FRA Defects every injured railroad worker should keep in mind when filling out an accident report:
- Railroad Crossing Collisions
- Train Collisions
- Train Derailments
- Amtrak Derailments and Collisions
- Switch Throwing
- Railroad Van Accidents
- Slips and Trips
- Getting On and Off Equipment
- Defective Handbrakes or other Safety Appliances
18 Wheeler Wrecked Your Life?We also represent victims of Semi-Truck Accidents. Visit our truck accident site at TexasTruckAttorney.com.
- Short Term Railroad Disability Benefits
- Long Term Railroad Retirement and Disability Benefits
- Railroad Medical Benefits
- Recommended Optional Benefits
- FELA FAQs
- Railroad Whistleblower Info
- Federal Employers Liability Act
- FRA Statutes and Regulations
- Federal Railroad Administration
- Railroad Injuries
- How to Fill Out an Accident Report
- How to Give a Statement to the Railroad Claim Agent
- 7 Vital Tips for an Injured Railroad Worker